I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Rom 12:1-2

Friday, March 16, 2012

Generosity

I still have a promised post coming about the financial aspects of Baby Girl's adoption.  I'll get to it eventually, really.  Suffice it to say right now that the money stuff is going quite well.  I will need another chunk of cash, but not for many moons and I already have some stuff in the works.  So far I have been absolutely blown away by friends', acquaintances', and even total strangers' generosity.  A few weeks ago my friend Sarah did this.  In May, local friends are holding a huge garage sale for me.  And just yesterday I realized that out of the blue someone had donated $200 more to my Reece's Rainbow Family Sponsorship Page.  I am truly blessed.

Then today I come upon this post on a blog I follow.  Go ahead, click on it.  I'll wait.

Vicky is adopting two older girls (ages 10 and 12) from China.  Did you see the ChipIn on her sidebar?  She still needs over $10,000 for the orphanage fees for her daughters and she travels in about a MONTH!  Was she begging for money?  NO!  Was she tooting her own horn?  NO!  Was she asking people to give to her adoption fund?  NO!  She was sharing about another single (widowed) mom adopting from China who was denied adoption grants simply because she is single.  She was asking for people to donate to that mom's account!  Can you imagine?  Then she told about me and linked to my blog too.  All the while not asking for anything for herself.  She even reiterated that in the comments.  I had no idea she was going to post about me.  In fact I was wondering why my blog was getting a bunch of hits, then I saw her post.

I would be honored if you would take a moment to visit Vicky's blog and give to her adoption fund or even just comment that you are praying for her (and then do it).  Comments can be so encouraging and every dollar makes a difference!  And before you say that I am doing the same generous thing she is doing: I have only about $6500 more to raise and almost a whole year in which to raise it.  She has $10,000 to raise and  a MONTH to raise it.  There is a world of difference there!

Thank you, friends, for helping out this friend!


P.S. Check out the Mulligan Stew button on my sidebar.  Great things going on there.  You don't want to miss out!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Justine, I am thrilled that my small blog post helped with your adoption funds. I was hoping you wouldn't be mad at me for sharing, especially since I didn't ask your permission! Thank you for being so gracious and kind!

I thankfully realized that I need to quit stressing over my need and focus on others. God is in control and somehow this will all work out.

I so admire you and Cheryl! I love reading about your children! I cannot wait to follow your journey to Baby Girl!

Thank you for sharing my blog and need. I am truly humbles by this. Again, Blessings to your family - Vicky