I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Rom 12:1-2

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I won the lottery.

Seriously.  This child is amazing!!!

12/12/12 was Gotcha Day.  We started the morning at the place that has been Baby Girl's home for over a year and ended the day with two sisters going to bed in matching jammies.

The workers, volunteers, and children sang Baby Girl's favorite songs and then had a goodbye prayer and candle ceremony in which Baby Girl and I took a candle (electric!) around to let each of the children hold to pass her luck in getting a family on to each of them.  Talk about heart-rending...

Baby Girl's caregiver then took her around to have her say "goodbye" to all the rooms and equipment at the child care home.  Here she is saying goodbye to her high chair.  Lots more tears from the caregivers and me and Baby Girl was very somber and sad.

Just a few minutes after we left her child care home, Baby Girl perked up and was happy again, but the emotional morning made her tired.  She slept through our ride on the ferry.

Little Pud loved the ferry

and the double-decker bus!

Little Pud surprised herself by actually liking almost all of the food!  Yummy dim sum and noodles!!!


After the ferry and lunch, we went to a science museum and later out to eat wonderful vegetarian Shanghaiese food with our relatives (all the pictures from both of those places show Baby Girl's face so I can't  post them here).  Then it was to the hotel:

The end of the day!
I am overwhelmed with the wonder that is this little girl.  She is truly amazing.  Funny, smart, easy-going.  I am so blessed!

We are nearly ready to travel home.  It has been an incredible trip on all fronts, and I am so excited to begin our lives as a family of five!


8 comments:

Heather said...

I am so happy for you all. Such steadfast faith, and grace you have shown, as you have patiently waited for this day. Amazing.

Congratulations and safe travels home.

JHuff said...

Awesome! Love seeing the sisters in their matching jammies, too. So sweet! Praying for you all the time.

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! Have a great trip home. Hopefully by January Miss Joy will be accepting guests and I can come give her a big hug.

Felicia

Mother of Pearls said...

Justine,
Praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

I have the laptop up, so I will try this commenting thing again. I think my favorite of the pictures for all the gotcha day accounts is always the pajamas at the hotel. For some reason, that just screams "We're a family now"

Have a safe flight home! Congratulations!!!

Chelsea

Mer said...

OHHH! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly. She's so precious! WHat a beautiful city too....I know Lilly will never forget!

Vicky said...

I have loved following along! My favorite photo is the one with you holding baby girl with your other daughter close by your side. I'm happy for you and pray you have a safe trip home!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful and beautiful!