I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Rom 12:1-2

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

He cares about the little things

When my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday I had two things on my list: a wireless mouse and a ceramic travel mug.  My wonderful kiddos got me the mouse and mom and dad gave me the mug, and I also received various other generous and thoughtful gifts.  What I didn't tell my mom, though, was that I really wanted a massage. However I did toss that request up to God in a very quick way.  I was not focused on it at all, but it was a real desire of mine that I briefly prayed about.

The day before my birthday I got a call from a dear friend who I hadn't seen in six months.  She wanted to take me out to lunch for my birthday.  She also mentioned that we'd make another brief stop.  On Black Friday we had a lovely lunch at Abuelo's and afterwards we drove to the mall.  The mall on Black Friday?!?  Yikes!  I am NOT a Black Friday shopper.  The parking lot was packed, but we immediately scored a great parking spot.  After walking through the mall craziness for a bit, suddenly my friend said, "Here we are."  We were in front of the chair-massage kiosk.  I can still feel the effects of the amazing massage she gifted to me. (I had a really tight shoulder that is almost completely better now!)  What was so cool is that we were the only ones there, in this BUSY mall, on the busiest shopping day of the year. Almost immediately after my massage started other people started coming up to get in line for the next one.

The past several months (and especially the past month or so) I have been going through a season of re-learning to trust the Lord--really TRUSTING Him for everything.

This experience helped assure me that He hears my prayers and delights in answering them.  It was also an encouragement to my friend--that she does hear from the Lord.  She really felt prompted to get me a massage, but she wasn't sure I'd like it.  I am thankful she was bold enough to follow through. 

God heard me.  She heard God.  God cares about the tiniest details.  He has my best interests at heart.  I can trust Him.  With everything.








2 comments:

My boys said...

love it!

Esther said...

That's a great story! And a wonderful reminder that God cares about the little things!