I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Rom 12:1-2

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My Words for 2016

On January 1, 2016, I posted the following on Facebook.  I will soon be writing a piece of the STORY on this blog, so I wanted to give it a bit of context.

Welcome 2016! Can I have two words this year? My first word is SHEPHERD with a couple of verses to go with it 1 Peter 5:2-4 and Psalm 78:72 (I'll copy and paste those verses in the comments.) My first calling is to shepherd my own children and with the age and situation range in our house, that is no small feat. Then I need to shepherd those who the Lord brings across my path one at a time, encouraging or advising. I love that I can now be in the "older women" category (while still feeling young!) and pass along some of the things I've learned the hard way to younger friends and possibly spare them some pain and hard knocks. My second word is STORY. We need to live our own story and share it. I'm not quite sure what that is going to look like going forward, but I am eager to find out. God is good and writes a wonderful story.    ‪#‎2016wordoftheyear‬ ‪#‎shepherd‬ ‪#‎story‬ ‪#‎amazinggraceisforeveryyear‬

 1 Peter 5:2-4 English Standard Version (ESV)

shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.

 Psalm 78:72 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

So he shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart,
And guided them with his skillful hands.

1 comment:

Raising Daniels said...

You are physically killing me not writing about this.