I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Rom 12:1-2

Sunday, July 3, 2011

FB Note from Dec. 26, 2010: The Best Christmas Present Ever

As of today, Super T has been home for eleven months. We brought him home Jan. 26, 2010. He is such a blessing to me and the whole family, and I love him with all my heart. I was not planning on writing an update, especially since I am taking a break from FB (and have enjoyed a definite upsurge in efficiency in my life), but something happened Christmas Eve at bedtime that I had to share.

As I was lying down with Super T at bedtime, I said, "I love you, Super T." Super T then said (in his own way), "I love you, Super T." I said it again, "I love you, Super T." And he said, "I love you, Mama!" His first spontaneous "I love you, Mama"!!! Let me tell you, there is nothing like that in the world. This little boy who was a stranger one year ago loves me. I got all choked up and happy, and he said it again a few minutes later. He also told me he loved me a couple of times on Christmas day and this morning a friend was the first witness to him saying, "I love you, Mama."

Super T is a wonderful boy, a huge blessing, a treasure. He has been a perfect addition to our family. LOTL, Little Pud, and Super T are my trio of incredible kids. I don't know what I would do without them. I am so thankful to be their mom!

No comments: