I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Rom 12:1-2

Friday, September 24, 2010

Metamorphosis

Does the caterpillar know what is going to happen to it when it makes its chrysalis? Does it know that after a few weeks of seeming inactivity it will emerge a butterfly?

I am compelled to write about changes that occurred in me that I didn't even know were happening...things I didn't plan on. They were a natural outgrowth of my spiritual life...mostly of my study of the Bible, the Word of God. This is not a formula. I am going to tell what happened in me, but really I didn't plan for or expect it. Of course, now that I have seen how it works, I am more deliberate about it.

I hope this blog can help you see how this transformation has occurred in my life so you can be deliberate about building your chrysalis and effecting change in your life. You may not be able to predict the form that this change will take, but it will be good. It will be very good and exciting and maybe scary. Imagine that first thrilling flight of a newly transformed butterfly...

2 comments:

Alice said...

This is good! We have raised up many butterflies. My favorites are black swallowtails, but watching them make a chrysalis is a painful thing. I'm sorry you have had to go through pain, but I am looking forward to meeting the butterfly!

Thanks for your comments about Andreas. I have been wanting to hear about Tim.

Justine said...

Thank you, Alice! We raise that kind of butterfly, too. Right now we have several chrysalises wintering over. Hopefully they will emerge in the spring. I have sure enjoyed following your life with Andreas! You have been a big encouragement to me!