I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Rom 12:1-2

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Weekend and Two Links

I plan on continuing my education posts next week. I have a lot to write, but unfortunately very little time in which to write. For today I am just going to give you two links to explore and some book recommendations.

My friend Shannon (yes, the same one who wrote the fruit post I linked to below) wrote an interesting piece about reaching our children's hearts (comparing them to a bridge). Go read it here.

Also, there is some good stuff going on over at Mission iPossible. Note Super T on the sidebar buttons there. I'll write more about that soon, I hope.

In your free time this weekend I would recommend looking at the books on my Shelfari widget to the right. These are all excellent books that I have read in the past few years. Most are primarily about parenting. My current favorite is Raising Kids for True Greatness by Tim Kimmel. It really challenged my view of success for my children.

Have a wonderful long weekend!

No comments: