I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Rom 12:1-2

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A joyous blessing instead of mourning



Isaiah 61:3 (New Living Translation)
 
To all who mourn in Israel,
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.

I had a lengthy blog post planned for today, but my usual verbosity will have to wait.   I have heard that a picture is worth a thousand words, but I've never quite believed it.  Today, pictures plus a few words will have to do.

To give a bit of context (and because happy pictures are better than the kind that follow):

Wedding day July 4, 1998

Yes, we jumped into the pool in our wedding clothes.


Our last Christmas together.  I was pregnant with Little Pud.




Today is the ninth anniversary of the worst day of my life.
 

Graveside service April 14, 2003






Today is also the second birthday of a sweet Baby Girl.




Truly a joyous blessing instead of mourning.  

I am thankful.

11 comments:

Vicky said...

I loved your photos, thank you for sharing this part of your story with us! You were such a beautiful bride! It makes me cry to think of all you have been through.

You are one of the most amazing ladies I have had the privilege of knowing!

Beauty for ashes! Happy Birthday to baby girl! Blessings to you sweet friend.

Alice said...

Remembering you in prayer, my friend.

Mer said...

WOWWW. I got chills all over. God knew all along sweet baby girl needed to be born today. You are an AMAZING mamma. Even though I only know you through K, I'm SOOO SOO SOOO proud of you. I know I'm not the only one. Jesus must be the MOST PROUD! He is truly glorified by your life.

Stori said...

Thank you for sharing this! God does indeed always give beauty for ashes. I cannot wait to "meet" baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so proud of you for walking in the blessing. God is so good. Thanking God for comfort for you all. LAURA

Karnie said...

How very interesting. You know a lot about my story, but I don't think I ever shared with you what happened after Sabra died. The families who came together from all across the country to take on the vaccine manufacturers and change the laws (about 10 of us, all of whom had dead babies from DPT vaccine) were AMAZED to discover that we had all had a subsequent child - and each of those subsequent children were born on the same date (and in two cases, the same DAY) that a child had been lost. Does that make sense? Ten babies lost in the ten families - ten subsequent children born - and all on the same date as one of the ten that died. The odds of such a small group of families having that "coincidence" were incalculable. What it said to each of us was that while God didn't have a hand in the deaths of our children, He DID have a hand in bringing us together to make changes to the vaccine system, and more importantly, that He is in the life restoration business.

Unknown said...

OHH you are so right only a few words are needed..

blogzilly said...

Wow, I never knew that. I have always wanted to ask you more about this, but out of politeness of course I never have. It's one of those things you never know if it is OK to bring up, despite the fact that we talk about our kids to each other.

Seeing this in one of your posts I feel was an honor, thanks for sharing it.

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

you were such a gorgeous bride... thinking of you.

Charissa said...

Oh, Justine. What a heartwarming and beautiful post. It brought me to tears. What a beautiful couple you are. I love that you jumped in the pool together on your wedding day. :) I love you, friend. What a cute little glimpse of those feet at the bottom picture. :) Thank you for sharing your journey here for all of us.

Sarah said...

Tears...Our Father is so faithful.